A facelift is a type of cosmetic surgery that is designed to improve your appearance and reduce the signs of aging. With new technological advancements in the last 20 years, facelift surgery has become more precise and can result in a faster recovery time. If you are considering a facelift, it is important to have realistic expectations and understand the procedure and the possible outcomes. You can discuss your goals and aspirations with Mr. Salerno and learn the many ways this procedure may be able to benefit you.
Following are seven advantages of getting a facelift:
- Facial muscles are tightened. Muscles form the underlying structure of your face, and with time, they become weak and sag. During a facelift, these muscles can be tightened before the loose skin is repaired.
- Sagging skin is repaired. Sagging skin is the reason you considered a facelift in the first place. As you age, your skin loses elasticity and does not keep its original shape. This procedure can tighten the skin to make it look more youthful.
- The jaw line is tightened. A facelift can also tighten the jawline contour and remove jowls and sagging neck skin. In some cases, liposuction may be used to remove fat in the neck and jowl area. On the upper half of the face, it can give a smoother look to your cheek and underneath your eyes.
- The results of your facelift may last for many years. Even as you age, your facelift may allow your face to age slower because the skin and muscles have been tightened.
- With tighter muscles, your face may look less stressed. The constant expression of being tired and tense may be gone, allowing you to look happier and more relaxed.
- You may experience a boost in self-esteem, which can help you gain confidence in your everyday life, work and social occasions. It could even change your mood by giving you a more positive outlook on life. People may look at you differently when you have a more youthful appearance, which could raise your self-esteem.
Many people who are in good general health and want to take years off their face could make good candidates for a facelift. During your consultation, Mr. Salerno can help you decide if this procedure is right for you.
There are many advantages of getting a facelift because a fresh, youthful appearance can affect many aspects of your life. Recovery time varies from patient to patient, so Mr. Salerno will give you instructions on how to care for your new face during the recovery period.
At REAL Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery, our skilled plastic surgeon strives to serve patients in Melbourne with personalized care and expertise. Contact us today to find out if this procedure is right for you!