Cosmetic surgery is concerned with the maintenance, restoration or enhancement of a person’s physical appearance through surgical and medical techniques. In the past, cosmetic surgery was more for celebrities and famous people in the public eye whose job was to look good. This is no longer the case. Some of the top five reasons to consider plastic surgery in Melbourne are:
1. Boost self-esteem with procedures that make you look younger
2. Reduce fat and improve the shape of your body
3. Reconstruction of the face or other parts of the body after an accident, pregnancy or major weight loss
4. Overall health such as breast reduction to treat back pain or a nose job to make breathing easier and treat snoring
5. Restore skin elasticity and muscle tone
Plastic surgery is becoming more and more popular in Melbourne and elsewhere. This big increase in cosmetic surgery may be for a number of reasons, including:
• The increase in the availability of plastic surgeons
• The technological advances in cosmetic surgery have made it less invasive and safer
• Reduced recovery time
With these improvements in the procedures, people in Melbourne are more willing to consider seriously cosmetic surgery as a way to improve their appearance.
Plastic surgery is a broad term that applies to different surgical procedures. These may include such procedures as liposuction, facelifts, and breast enlargement or reduction. Both men and women may be good candidates for plastic surgery.
Facial plastic surgery is highly effective for correcting a number of conditions. It may restore skin elasticity and muscle tone by removing unnecessary tissue and skin. Most frequently, facial surgery is done to smooth out wrinkles caused by the natural aging of the skin. As a person ages, the fat in the face reduces and drops forming the jowls. This sunken appearance may be corrected and the fullness of one’s cheeks may be restored. Even deep creases in the forehead, near the nose and around the mouth may be removed with plastic surgery. Eyelid surgery is a popular choice to remove the droopiness of the eyelids.
When you consult with our specialist at Real Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery in Moonee Ponds, you may learn about different procedures and if plastic surgery may be your best option to fulfill your expectations about your appearance. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.